Wednesday 29 September 2010

collision course

hello, and welcome back to Hunchbakk - music and musings, the music blog, with me, your very much alive host, Hunchbakk.

which is more than can be said for my poor bicycle, which ended up underneath a car this morning

thankfully all is well, other than the bike, and the situation seems to have been resolved without too much issue

it has left me a little bit shaken by the whole thing and scenarios have played through my mind, thinking that if i hadn't pulled my bike up as far forward as i did when i stopped, it could have been my legs that ended up under the car instead of my bike, and that i was lucky that the turning i was waiting at was out of the normal traffic lanes and when i ended up sprawled out on the tarmac, that i was out of harms way from any other cars that were making their way through morning traffic

after a minor bout of swearing and anger i picked myself and my mangled bike up and resumed my normal good nature, settled things ammicably and was able to laugh about it within minutes (although this may have been how the shock makes me react)

i exchanged details, got a lift to where i was going and an offer to have my dear departed bike replaced

and athough i'm a little shook up by the incident and i'm aching slightly, it seems either apt, or possibly ironic that i haven't been able to get this song out of my head all day....

Mark Ronson and The Business Intl - The Bike Song (featuring Kyle Falconer and Spank Rock) stream only


i had actually seen Mark Ronson performing this song at the Rockcorps gig held at the Royal Albert Hall last week, with The View's Kyle Falconer and Mos Def joining him onstage, which was a great gig and good fun, and i will be knocking out an article for the paper as soon as i find the time to commit to it, so keep your eyes peeled for that one.

and i promise to bring you some downloadable music sometime soon, but this just seemed fitting, so if you're feeling it then go cop that ish!~

No comments:

Post a Comment