Sunday 8 February 2009

in review

after biggin it up, i guess people are gonna want to know how it all went down?



I'd be doin everyone a great disservice if i didn't even give it a mention so here's my opinion of The Freewheelin' Troubadour's first ever gig fronting a full band, honestly, i was surprised, and i think anyone else that has viewed any of the spoken word clips on youtube will have been too.

These weren't just poems set to music, they have been reimagined to form genuine songs, no-one could have expected perfection from such an early incarnation but the performance was certainly full of promise and swagger (plenty of swagger) with a musical identity borrowing from The Doors, Matisyahu and Scroobius Pip.

and to watch someone that i consider as a peer on stage, knowing that this is something he has been working hard towards, also makes me consider my own position, my own love of music and performance, my crippling shyness and how i could possibly begin to translate my own musical ventures to a live setting.




Dion brings his live show to London on Friday 20th Feb as part of his own clubnight, 'The Freewheelers Finally Fight For Freedom' at The Victoria in Mile End.

also stil available, my remix of 'The Night That I Die'
the_night_that_i_die__hunchbakk_remix_.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment